Thursday, September 27, 2018

The Quest of Courage

 Thank you, Dr. Ford for your courage and dedication to honor and truth today!

 To dream the impossible dream 
 To fight the unbeatable foe 
 To bear with unbearable sorrow 
 To run where the brave dare not go 

 To right the unrightable wrong 
 To love pure and chaste from afar 
 To try when your arms are too weary
 To reach the unreachable star 

 This is my quest 
 To follow that star 
 No matter how hopeless 
 No matter how far 

 To fight for the right 
 Without question or pause 
 To be willing to march into Hell 
 For a heavenly cause 
 And I know if I'll only be true 
 To this glorious quest 
 That my heart will lie peaceful and calm 
 When I'm laid to my rest 

 And the world will be better for this 
 That one woman, scorned and covered with scars 
 Still strove with her last ounce of courage 
 To reach the unreachable star

Lyrics from To Dream the Impossible Dream (altered to reflect the dignity of the woman's quest that is undeniably equal to that of any man)

No comments:

Post a Comment